Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A little about "Sasha Marie"

I have received many comments and questions about Sasha. (photo at the bottom of the blog). She will be 9 years old in August and is an AKC registered Siberian Husky. Two words that I can think of that would describe her best.....HIGH MAINTENANCE. She has me trained well! Yes, both of her eyes are light blue. (If the light hits her right, they appear red, earning her the name "devil dog" by my neighbors.) She is aggressive, and very protective of me and my daughter. She can also be protective of Roxy, (her sister) our spoilt cat. It is NOT a common trait that a husky and a cat get along. Huskys are beautiful creatures but there are things you should know if you are looking at getting one. First they dig, not just holes, but craters! This is not a puppy trait, they are diggers. They are escape artists, and will not stay in a pen or a fence because they are runners. In Sasha's case, who is in the house, she blows her coat twice a year, costing me a vacuum cleaner about once a year! They are not fond of children. She is always with me. (under the desk now) She "works" my schedule and follows me everywhere and I talk to her all the time as she is a very close friend to me. She is also a wonderful paranormal investigator and can successfully catch EVP's of ghost doggies! If I leave home overnight, "Granny" has to come and stay with her. Don't get me wrong, she won't tear up the house. She will wait until I get home to start trashing the place because she is mad that I left her. She is definitely "my baby" and I thank you for your inquiries.

No comments:

Post a Comment